The International Trade Office at the MDA is committed to fostering long-term growth, job creation and the internationalization of the state's economy. The division's trade specialists provide international business assistance - including educational, marketing and referral services - to small- and medium-sized companies looking to sell their products and services internationally. In addition to the agency's international trade specialists in Jackson, MDA maintains a network of overseas offices that provide a broad range of in-market services to Mississippi firms.
Trade Missions to Meet with Prospective Foreign Buyers
State-sponsored Trade Missions allow exporters the opportunity to meet with prospective foreign buyers at minimal expense.
Educational Programs and Technical Assistance
Beyond networking support, MDA has Educational Programs about essential exporting topics for businesses interested in exporting their products and services.
MDA's International Trade Office Supports Mississippi Businesses
- Financial support for eligible companies to attend international trade fairs and exhibitions
- Trade missions to meet with prospective foreign buyers at minimal expense
- Gold key business-to-business matchmaking missions, which include tailored itineraries and private meetings with qualified prospective partners and buyers in a specific market
- Hosting in-bound missions that connect local business contacts in Mississippi with foreign groups and individuals seeking to do business
- Educational Programs and Technical Assistance
- State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) Program Assistance
MDA's international trade specialists provide vital international marketing and technical assistance services to Mississippi firms looking to sell their products and services to overseas buyers. MDA staff stands ready to assist Mississippi businesses in identifying qualified buyers and representatives in international markets through business development missions, marketing activities and developed networks overseas.